The AQ Labrador series from Acoustique Quality is not new to the AQ lineup. On the contrary, it is a very popular stalwart now using the most recent technological and manufacturing advancements. New construction details and brand new drivers are at the heart of the thoroughly updated Labrador series; what remain are the popular model types. Vifa and Peerless mid-bass drivers were replaced by much higher quality Scan-Speak drivers with cast aluminium frames and asymmetrically shaped cones.
AQ Labrador 28 MKIII floorstanding speakers are designed for listeners who prefer highly accurate, precise and insightful sound without any colouration. Two-way loudspeakers with two mid-bass drivers in D’Appolito configuration give the sound an outstanding directional characteristic. Very rigid sandwich baffle houses flush mounted drivers, eliminates uneven driver/baffle transition, minimizes diffraction and resonances and, in combination with cross braces, achieves excellent strength.
Although the resulting enclosure is very slender, it provides exceptional power handling and resonance free performance. Mid-bass drivers are from respectable Danish maker Scan-Speak and detailed tweeter is from Vifa. High quality biamping terminals, AUDIOQUEST point to point wiring, soldered connections and precise crossover round out the package.
Labrador 28 MKIII is a go to audio loudspeaker for listeners who prefer accuracy without colouration and for music industry professionals.
- System: 2-way, bass-reflex, front-ported
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Vifa fabric dome
- Mid-Woofer: 2 x 6” Scan-Speak carbon-fibre cone
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Power Handling: 100W / 220W peak
- Sensitivity: 89dB / 1W / 1m
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 30kHz within 6dB
- Crossover Slope: 12.6 / 12.18 dB/oct
- Internal Cabling: Pro-Ject cable
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 212 x 1000 x 330mm
- Weight: 18kg
- Finishes: Black Ash, Oak, Walnut, Cherry