S stands for Surround. The most diminutive in the series, Acoustique Quality / AQ Pontos S is specifically designed for surround duties. AQ Pontos S is the most compact model in the Pontos series yet offers immaculate sound and performs exceedingly well in small to midsize rooms.
Front port allows for near/on wall placement and is shaped on the outside and on the inside to eliminate the port noise. Enclosure is made from MDF panels and the baffle uses proprietary sandwich construction. Because of its compactness, the enclosure is extremely rigid.
Removable grille uses invisible magnet system that makes for visually clean front baffle. High quality binding posts allow for bi-wiring and bi-amping. AUDIOQUEST Rocket 33 was selected for internal wiring. High quality Scan-Speak drivers are used in the AQ Pontos S.
Cast aluminum frames and extremely rigid fiberglass cones of the mid-bass driver assure very dynamic sound. Ring radiator tweeter provides for wide soundstage and extended frequency response. Eight-layer high gloss finish is visually striking and also acoustically reinforces front baffle.
- System: 2-way, bass-reflex, front-ported
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Scan-Speak Illuminator
- Mid-Woofer: 1 x 5” Scan-Speak Illuminator
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Power Handling: 60W / 120W peak
- Sensitivity: 89dB / 1W / 1m
- Frequency Response: 60Hz - 43kHz within 6dB
- Crossover Slope: 12.12 dB/oct
- Internal Cabling: AudioQuest Rocket 33
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 180 x 380 x 145mm
- Weight: 5.5kg
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss