AQ PONTOS W ACTIVE SUBWOOFER
Acoustique Quality active subwoofer AQ Pontos W uses advanced 12” Peerless SLS subwoofer driver. Pontos W is a vented design in which subwoofer driver is specifically directed towards the floor where it actively promotes omnidirectional bass.
The port’s initial location on the same baffle presented the design challenge of a too-long port. An inventive solution was needed and the design team created a Y port that combines two functions – a bass reflex and a cross bracing. Top plate of the subwoofer enclosure is a sandwich construction with active BDS resonance control. AQ designed its own powerful subwoofer amplifier that uses toroid transformer and is installed in an acoustically sealed chamber. Active crossover features lowpass frequency selector, input sensitivity and phase adjustment.
Throughout 18mm MDF construction and eight-layer lacquer further increases rigidity of the enclosure. Adjustable spikes counteract uneven floors and bass energy transfer. Plastic cups can be used underneath the spikes where floor damage might occur.
- System: active subwoofer, bass-reflex, bottom-ported
- Woofer: 12” Peerless SLS driver, down-firing
- Amplifier: 300W output, Class A/B, toroidal transformer
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 140Hz within 8dB
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB/1m
- Controls: low-pass, input sensitivity, phase
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 360 x 585 x 485mm
- Weight: 27kg
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss