Although very compact, the Acoustique Quality / AQ Pontos 9 offers immaculate and precise sound in spaces up to 30 square meters.
Enclosure is made from MDF panels and the baffle uses proprietary sandwich construction. Because of its compactness, the enclosure is extremely rigid. Front port allows for near wall or bookshelf placement. Removable grille uses invisible magnet system that makes for visually clean front baffle. High quality binding posts allow for bi-wiring and bi-amping. AUDIOQUEST audio cables - Rocket 33 was selected for internal wiring.
High quality Scan-Speak drivers are used in Pontos 9. Cast aluminum frames and extremely rigid fiberglass cones of the mid-bass driver assure very dynamic sound. Ring radiator tweeter provides for wide soundstage and extended frequency response.
Eight-layer high gloss finish is visually striking and also acoustically reinforces front baffle. High quality stand is recommended to assure most precise sound reproduction. BT77 wall bracket is available for custom installations. Adjustable spikes or acoustic foam is recommended for bookshelf installations.
Pontos 9 is designed for small to mid size rooms although it can be successfully used in larger rooms with subwoofer reinforcement. For such installation Pontos 4 is a perfect companion.
- System: 2-way, bass-reflex, front-ported
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Scan-Speak ring radiator
- Mid-Woofer: 1 x 5” Scan-Speak fibreglass cone
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Power Handling: 60W / 120W peak
- Sensitivity: 87dB / 1W / 1m
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 43kHz within 6dB
- Crossover Slope: 12.12 dB/oct
- Internal Cabling: AudioQuest Rocket 33
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 180 x 382 x 282mm
- Weight: 8.0kg
- Finish: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss