Acoustique Quality / AQ Pontos 6 brings the tried and tested concept of the Labrador Series three-way box. However, it does not just stay with her, but moves it much further.
The whole body is made of MDF boards , the baffle uses sandwich construction to increase stiffness . In order to make the box truly rigid, a system is used inside which suitably combines flat reinforcements with space and together they form a compact whole. The Bassreflex is located in the bottom of the cabinet under the bass speakers. Using all-metal screw terminals, which enable bi-wiring and bi-amping . Internal cabling is made by American audio cable company Audioquest - Rocket 33.
All inverters are from the Danish Scan-Speak factory . Using these drivers in speakers of this price range is unique. The bass and center speaker baskets are cast from an aluminum-based alloy. The membranes are made of fibreglass, which provide excellent rigidity at low weight. Thanks to these materials, the speakers have excellent dynamics. The tweeter, with its extended pole piece, provides a wider listening space than normal spherical canopies, up to stunningly high 43 kHz frequencies.
Speakers are fitted with adjustable tips as standard, which perfectly eliminate the transmission of resonances. Finishing all Pontos speakers is a laborious but high quality piano lacquer that is applied in 8 layers and polished . The compactness and stiffness of the lacquered layer have a very positive effect on the stiffness of the baffle .
- System: 3-way, bass-reflex, front-ported
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Scan-Speak Illuminator M
- Midrange: 1 x 5” Scan-Speak Illuminator
- Woofer: 2 x 8” Scan-Speak Revelator
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Power Handling: 140W / 240W peak
- Sensitivity: 89dB / 1W / 1m
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 43kHz within 4dB
- Crossover Slope: 12.6 / 12.12 dB/oct
- Internal Cabling: AudioQuest Rocket 33
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 256 x 1010 x 320mm
- Weight: 25.5kg
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss