Thanks to the perfect design of the Acoustique Quality / AQ Pontos 8 speakers, the precision of the human voice and acoustic instruments is outstanding. Guitars and violins sound absolutely faithful, with vocals you can hear every detail and inhale, as if the were in front of you. The spatial accuracy enhances the impression even more so that the orchestra does not merge into one great storyline, but each individual instrument retains its detail.
The AQ Pontos 8 is a precise audiophile two-way loudspeaker with a D'Appolito baffle arrangement. Enclosure is made from MDF panels finished in superb polyester high gloss lacquer. To achieve a perfect paint finish, 8 layers of lacquer are applied to create a rigid and anti-resonant enclosure. The baffle is a sandwich construction that eliminates edge diffraction. Drivers are Scan-Speak, a pair of mid-woofers with fiberglass membrane joining efforts in the enclosure. 1 ”ring radiator fabric tweeter guarantees excellent directional characteristics for high frequencies and also above 20 kHz.
- System: 2-way, bass-reflex, front-ported
- Tweeter: 1 x 1” Scan-Speak Illuminator M
- Mid-Woofer: 2 x 6” Scan-Speak fibreglass cone
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Power Handling: 100W / 220W peak
- Sensitivity: 89dB / 1W / 1m
- Frequency Response: 30Hz - 43kHz within 4dB
- Crossover Slope: 12.18 dB/oct
- Internal Cabling: AudioQuest Rocket 33
- Dimensions (wxhxd): 212 x 1010 x 320mm
- Weight: 18.5kg
- Finishes: Black High Gloss, White High Gloss