ADOT MC01/03 Fibre Network Kit
This suite of Ethernet Media Converters by ADOT use fibre-optic components to simplify isolation for your hi-fi system. The MC01 kit features the Media Converter, two SFP's, a 1.5m fibre cable and a basic power supply. The MC02 features the same, but with a linear power supply. The MC03 features a superior power supply, custom-built by PLiXiR. This product is designed for use with the Melco S100 or other switches with SFP ports. For use with systems that do not feature SFP connections, you will need to additionally purchase the MC Accessory.
What ADOT say
Designing a fibre unit for hi-fi systems is a challenge. Because fibre is used in IT systems primarily for speed, and hi-fi doesn’t need fibre for speed, it needs it for clarity!
In fact, reducing the comms speed of the MC01 to 100Mb/s improves the sound quality of a network player. This is possible simply by setting a couple of switches. Internally, the construction of MC01 is to Enterprise Standards and this extends to the massive Ethernet magnetics that couple to the copper part of the network.
There are many choices of fibre configuration and wavelength (colour) of the optical transfer. Audiophile DOT simplifies the decision by supplying a matched pair of Duplex SFP adapters with matched fibre.
The fibre has to match the design parameters of the SFP adapters and so the Duplex fibre that is supplied is paired with the SFP adapters. Connectivity of the fibre adapters is critical and the terminations are all factory-made in clean-room conditions. 1.5m lengths mean that the devices can be tucked out of the way behind a hi-fi system.
There is a limit of several hundred metres for the fibre link. The fibre is also less than 3mm in diameter, and so is ideally suited for making the connection between the router and the hi-fi system, even in the largest homes or between buildings.
Audiophile DOT can supply standard lengths of optical fibre up to 50m; all are clean-room-assembled with individual performance tables supplied with each cable.
Audiophile Fibre Network Connectivity kits; for when copper just isn’t good enough!
- A suite of audiophile-grade kits to simplify the isolation of high-end audio systems using fibre optic components carefully optimised for hi-fi use
- Plug and play with no computer configuration required
- System operation is completely unchanged
- Suitable for use with all network-connected audio
- systems whether NAS–or streaming-based
Why Upgrade? Simple…..
Analogue audio is delicate. Digital audio is just as delicate, plus digital data needs to be treated with the utmost respect to achieve the results that today’s high-resolution digital music files promise.
• Behind the 0’s and 1’s, hi-fi electrical signals are still analogue, and just as susceptible to the influence from
noise and interference;
• Audio designers go to great lengths to minimise noise problems within hardware, but external influences are a
• Network-connected components are at risk from noise and interference, as well as malformed data;
• Copper wire, used for Ethernet cables, is effective at conducting data, but is equally effective at conducting all
manner of interference as well;
• By using fibre optics, the data can still be communicated to the digital components, but without any risk of introducing any conducted interference and noise.
The basic Audiophile DOT MC01 Fibre kit comprises of:
- A single Audiophile DOT Media Converter (and power supply)
- A 1.5m fibre cable
- A pair of fibre terminations known as SFP adapters
Simple power supply upgrade options:-
The MC01 kit
Complete Kit Includes: 1 x MC01 media converter, 2 x SFP Adapters, 1 x 1.5m Fibre & 1 x PSU;
The MC03 kit
MC03: MC01 kit with Plixir BDC 2A custom built low noise PSU with three stage noise reduction.
Powered from their host devices