The speaker’s two sets of transducers operate in a bi-polar configuration, which maximizes the speaker’s timbre match with that of other Revel Performa3 speakers and further integrates the entire system’s sound into a spacious, enveloping surround-sound environment.
The S206 tweeters feature an integrated acoustic lens waveguide that is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeters’ dispersion to that of the low-frequency transducers in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area.
In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies. The S206 enclosure features strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced colouration.
Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
- Description: 2-way dual 6.5" bipole Surround speaker
- High-frequency Driver Components: 1” (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Low-frequency Driver Components: Dual 6.5” (16.5 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Low Frequency Extension: 10dB@52Hz -6dB@58Hz -3dB@65Hz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 - 150 Watts
- Crossover Frequencies: 1.4 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 89dB
- Finishes: Matte Black
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 343 mm x 400 mm x 216 mm
- Net weight: 7kg