Our Carmen design resolves high performance at an affordable price. A dramatic deep and wide soundstage, and ultra trackability.
The Carmen MKII was created out of the desire to make a very high performance design at an affordable price. Just slightly lush with a well developed midrange, the Carmen MKII is surprisingly pleasing and will seduce you into late listening sessions. The stylus used is a part of what makes it special; an ultralow mass cut and polished into a true Hyper-Elliptical shape. The combination of low tip mass and the Moving Iron gives the Carmen MKII a tremendous resolution advantage over MC designs selling for more than twice the price. Housed in our new ES DEMS body design, the Carmen MKII delivers.
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Nude Elliptical, 0.120mm SQ
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: 6 x 17 uM
- CANTILEVER: Aluminum Alloy
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.3-1.6 gm
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.35 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 22 μm/mN
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz ± 2.5 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >26 dB 50-15,000 >20 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <1.6 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 2.12 m V
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 9.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 47 kΩ