The truest testament to the quality and performance of any audio component is what others in that industry have to say about it.
The Hyperion MKII is the cartridge of choice for the most esteemed audio equipment manufacturers. Why? Because when they exhibit their gear at HiFi shows, they want their turntable, amplifier or speaker systems to sound the very best that they can! Peter Ledermann‘s radical design utilizes an actual “cactus spine” for the cantilever. The naturally tapered shape, stacked columnar fibers and desiccated resin damping fit the exact parameters of the perfect cantilever: Low mass, extreme rigidity, internal damping, and tremendous strength.
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Contact Line Nude, 0.100mm SQ
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: Moving Magnet
- CANTILEVER: Hand formed & treated selected Cactus Spine
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.8 to 2.2 Grams
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.30 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 10μm/mN (low compliance)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz ± 1.0 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >36 dB 50-15,000 >25 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <0.5 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 0.4 mV
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 12.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 470 Ω