Our entry level design captures more than its share of recorded beauty – by design. Big soundstage, detail and resolution at an affordable price.
The Otello is Soundsmith’s entry level Moving Iron design, realizing an affordable pathway into the world of high performance cartridges. Build by hand like all Soundsmith cartridges, the Otello provides a perfect balance of tone and resolution at a great price. The result is a cartridge that is at ease with any type of music. Just slightly warmer than other Soundsmith designs, Otello yields a richness of timbre that is utterly beguiling with a level of speed and dynamics not often found in cartridges at this price. The result? A wonderful design that gives the warmth of MM and the lightfootedness of Moving Iron design.
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Elliptical Titanium Bonded, 0.20mm Round
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: 6 x 17 uM
- CANTILEVER: Aluminum Alloy
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.3-1.6 gm
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.50 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 22 μm/mN
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz ± 2.5 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >24 dB 50-15,000 >20 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <1.8 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: >2.12 mV
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 9.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 47 kΩ