The Paua; adorned with seashell to remind us of the beauty of the sounds of the world all around us. Nature healing nature.
The Paua is one of Soundsmith‘s most highly regarded top of the line low output cartridges. Winner of numerous accolades and praise from users and reviewers around the world, including an “Editor’s Choice Award” in 2015 from TAS. Featuring ultralow internal moving mass, a specialized telescoping alloy cantilever and highly polished low mass nude Contact Line stylus, the Paua will add a unique quality of warmth and smoothness to any analog system without leaving behind all the critical details you want and need to hear. The Paua reaches new heights of stylus control and performance, as is confirmed by its incredibly high channel separation figures. We have accomplished a work of art with the Paua design, resulting in an unparalleled and sublime performance.
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Contact Line Nude, 0.100mm SQ
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: Nude Contact Line SELECTED
- CANTILEVER: Telescoping Aluminum Alloy
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.7 to 1.9 Grams
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.30 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 10μm/mN (low compliance)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz ± 1.0 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >34 dB 50-15,000 >25 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <0.5 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 0.4 mV
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 12.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 470 Ω