The Sussurro MKII ~ critical design decisions, realized. Lowest internal mass. Best damping. Esoteric stylus and cantilever.
Inspired by Frank Schröder, designed and individually hand made by Peter Ledermann, Soundsmith‘s Sussurro is a cartridge designed to specifically address the most intricate and critical issues of cartridge design. The new Sussurro MKII has a newly designed moving iron element to reduce moving mass by 70%. The resulting extremely low stored inertia, with a newly engineered damping system and innovative energy distribution path, allows proper coupling into the tone arm. So what does all this mean?? Low jitter. Jitter? You probably thought that was a term reserved for digital systems. Not so. Stylus jitter is responsible for loss of detail, and making a cartridge sound, well, like a cartridge.
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Contact Line Nude, 0.100mm SQ
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: OCL (Optimized Contour Contact Line) SELECTED
- CANTILEVER: Ruby
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.8 to 2.2 Grams
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.30 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 10μm/mN (low compliance)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-20,000 Hz ± 1.0 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >34 dB 50-15,000 >25 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <0.5 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 0.4 mV
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 12.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 470 Ω