By popular demand, we introduce the Zephyr MIMC, our new lowest cost MC preamp compatible design.
Responding to the demand for a lower priced, low-output design for those who own high gain preamps, the Soundsmith recently developed the Zephyr MIMC STAR, which follows in the footsteps of the highly successful high-output Zephyr II. The handcrafted Zephyr MIMC STAR (Moving Iron for Moving Coil Preamps) is based on the world famous Sussurro cartridge and captures the gist of the latter‘s sonic signature at a much more reasonable price. The Zephyr MIMC STAR has been specifically designed to complement both unipivot arms and gimbaled bearing arms. Its sonic attributes include evenly balanced frequency response, dynamic shadings and remarkable detail retrieval; its
All Soundsmith cartridges are available in true DUAL MONO as well.
- STYLUS: Selected Contact Line low mass Nude Stylus
- RADIUS OF CURVATURE: 6 x 17 uM
- CANTILEVER: Laser Drilled Sapphire
RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE: 1.8 to 2.2 Grams
- EFFECTIVE TIP MASS: 0.32 mg
- COMPLIANCE: 10μm/mN (low compliance)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 15-45,000 Hz ± 2.0 dB
- CHANNEL SEPARATION (STEREO ONLY): 1000 Hz >32 dB 50-15,000 >25 dB
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE: <0.5 dB (Stereo) <1.0 dB (Mono)
- OUTPUT VOLTAGE: 0.4 mV
- CARTRIDGE WEIGHT: 12.2 Grams
- LOADING: ≥ 470 Ω