Evolution in sound design
The new Element woofers used in this series are not only built in-house but deviate substantially from any usual woofer manufacturing. Firstly, they have an extreme precision-machined chassis, rather than a molded or stamped one. Each driver actually requires 3 hours of machining and 4-hours plus of assembly and testing. This allows for precision usually associated with watch making, not standard woofer manufacturing.
Besides this, other major technical innovations were developed internally at Totem. The stainless steel and thick aluminum-based voice coils are not only under-hung within the magnets but also fully immersed in a super strong yet completely localized magnetic field. This specialized enclosure, like a cradle, retains multiple claw-shaped magnetic segments, allowing for a full one-inch throw of the driver. The 7-inch cone is fully rear-damped yet light and stiff. All Element drivers have free air resonances in the 16-17 Hz area.
The tweeter is an incredibly musical on- and off-axis performer. Already utilized in the Tribe V, this stunning tweeter features a 3/8’’ inch thick aluminum faceplate, and a finned aluminum alloy body for cooling and durability. Its great attributes are outstanding clarity, openness and true linearity at any volume setting, allowing it to match form and contribute fully and musically to the woofer's magical pace.
Magnetic grills are standard issue. The floor-standing models Earth and Metal also feature a variably adjustable “center front claw”. In addition, rear cabinet decoupling is provided on the columns via their individual “skid plates”.
The Element Series is designed to integrate seamlessly with the Tribe Series, for stunning synergy in surround setups.
- Unique architectural design and geometric conception
- Stunning multi-angled chassis
- Available in gleaming, luxurious, 4-coat polyester finish
- Custom designed & machined aluminum terminal back plates
- Variably adjustable “center front claw”
- 7-inch Torrent™ hand-assembled drivers
- Fabulous platinum W.B.T. connectors (bi-wireable)
- Revolutionary magnetic field technology
- No active or passive cross-over parts in the woofer section
- Fully rear-damped 7-inch cone